Van Sormon Pot Pie Recipe
- 2 c. dry spaetzle cooked per bag instructions
- 3 tbs. butter
- 2 tbs. flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c milk
- Leftover chicken, cold, about 2 cups
- 1.5 c frozen mixed veggies
- 1/4 lbs. Van Sormon, rind included
- In a saucepan melt butter and add flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk and bring to a boil to thicken slightly.
- Add chicken and veggies, heat until veggies are thawed.
- Place in prepared pie dough (recipe below).
- Place 1/8 lbs. chopped Van Sormon onto filling under the top crust.
- Place the remaining pie dough on top.
- Put remaining Van Sormon on top of pie.
- Cook in a 425° (F) oven for 45 minutes.
Pie Dough Recipe
- 2 c flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 c Cisco
- 2/3 c water
- Cut Crisco into flour and salt.
- Add water until crumbly but you can roll it out.
- Use two-thirds of dough for bottom and sides of a 9×9 casserole dish, and use the rest for topping the pie.